INTERNET APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT
MID MARKET ERP DEVELOPMENT
Unfortunately, my approach is not perfect in that it still requires a manual click to open the GUI of Dotfuscator. It is good for me, though, since I only run it during building in Release mode.
Here is how I run the command during building:
1. Find the location of Dotfuscator CE, which is included in VS2012, by going to Tools -> External Tools.
2. Copy the path from the Command box.
3. Open the property of your project and go to Build Events.
4. Click on Edit Post-build and enter:
if “$(ConfigurationName)” == “Release” (“%The path copied from the Command box%” /in:”$(TargetPath)” /out:”$(TargetDir)\Dotfuscator”
copy /Y “$(TargetDir)\Dotfuscator\$(TargetFileName)” “$(TargetPath)” )
1. Runs Dotfuscator when the program is being built in Release mode.
2. Places the altered DLL into a folder named Dotfuscator under your target path (Normally the bin/release folder).
3. Copies this altered DLL to the folder where regular DLL resides and overwrite it.